Jul 28 2009

Marshmallow Dream Bars

Published by at 9:00 am under Cooking,Food,Recipes

Marshmallow Dream Bars

For my movie night I made some rice krispie treats. But these were oh so much more. These were marshmallow dream bars. They have whole marshmallows in them. Take a look:

Marshmallow Dream Bar

They were delicious. Here’s the recipe:

Ingredients:

• 1 standard box of rice krispies (I used generic Safeway brand)
  • 1 stick of butter (plus some for buttering the dish)
  • 1 16 oz bag of marshmallows plus 1 cup of marshmallows

Directions:

1. Butter your 9″ x 13″ casserole dish.
  2. SLOWLY melt the butter in an 8 quart saucepan. You do not want the butter to burn or brown at all. I used a heat of 2 out of 10.
  3. SLOWLY melt the marshmallows. Ditto for above. No burning. The whole melting thing took about 15 minutes.
  4. Mix in the rice krispies. Mix thoroughly.
  5. When it’s all mixed, add the extra cup of marshmallows. Mix again to distribute.
  6. Pour the mixture into the buttered casserole.
  7. Lay wax paper over the top and then press down to get a flat top.
  8. Allow to cool, cut, and serve.

13 responses so far

13 Responses to “Marshmallow Dream Bars”

1. snarfon 29 Jul 2009 at 4:33 pm

Indeed they look scrumptious. Thank Zeus or Whoever that I have a daughter who will make me treats like this, as good daughters should!

2. Pigleton 29 Jul 2009 at 5:35 pm

If you’re lucky, maybe I’ll make some next time I come to visit 🙂

3. Michelle 'Penguin'on 13 Dec 2009 at 1:48 pm

Thank you Piglet! I used your recipe and I love the bars! They are exactly what I was looking for; I was trying to find something similar to the marshmallow dream bars from Starbucks and these are just as delicious and worth making. I will be sure to use this recipe for future treat making. 😀

4. Starshineon 04 May 2010 at 12:31 pm

wait wait! there is another ingredient! add just tiny bit of vanilla extract to the melted butter and marshmellow goo. Yummers!

5. Pigleton 04 May 2010 at 1:08 pm

That’s a great idea! I will try that next time for sure. I ♥ vanilla.

6. […] Marshmallow Dream Bars Posted on July 14, 2010 by number1chef Marshmallow Dream Bars. […]

7. Firebirdon 23 Jul 2010 at 7:26 am

I’ve been looking for this recipie for a long time. now I’ll be able to make it for my family and friends!

8. krison 27 Feb 2011 at 2:20 pm

Could you post the weight or note how many cups is equivalent to a ‘standard box’? I’ve got a huge box of Rice Krispies and would love to try this recipe 🙂

9. Pigleton 27 Feb 2011 at 10:16 pm

I haven’t made these for a while but I’m pretty sure the box I used was 12 oz. Based on the serving size, it looks like that’s around 12 cups which sounds about right.

10. Allyon 28 Feb 2011 at 1:18 pm

Hey,
    These look fab! But, I have to say. A lot of ppl from other towns, cities & countries have the option of reading your recipes & they’re not percise.
    ie: “1 standard box of cereal, 1 stick of butter”. For instance, I am Canadian and our butter doesn’t come in sticks? Please give measurements in cups/Tbsp etc.

11. Allyon 28 Feb 2011 at 2:29 pm

My gfrds are coming over to watch The Bachelor tonight & I wanted to make these Dream Bars for them, so I figured out the proper measurements.

Ingredients:

1 standard box of Rice Krispies
    = 700 grams or 10 ounces or 10 cups

1 stick of butter
    = ½ cup

1 16 oz bag Miniature marshmallows
    = 8 cups

…I will also add 2 tsp. vanilla extract to the melted marshmallow goo for extra deliciousness! 🙂

12. Pigleton 01 Mar 2011 at 2:52 pm

Thanks for doing this! 🙂

13. jstafon 23 Jul 2011 at 7:06 am

I substituted fruity pebbles for rice crispies in this recipe. So Delicious!!!!

Trackback URI | Comments RSS