Jul 20 2015
So in my last post we saw my recent attempt at a Coco dress. Well, after making that and realizing that it was too large, I traced out a size 1 (down from a size 3) by looking at how much I was taking in at the waist each time and seeing which size would give me that as a final version. This time the fabric I used was some jersey ITY stuff I had lying around (it was previously used to make a dress I gave to my pregnant friend who loved it). And I love how this one turned out! Now that I know my size, this dress is such a great one to put together quickly if I need a dress for something.
I did need to open up the arms a bit to make it more comfortable. Basically I dropped each side down about an inch and then blended into the curve.
I finished off the neck and arms the recommended way: stay stitch, fold and zigzag stitch. It worked quite well and looked nice and finished. The other seams I serged.
Even hubby was impressed by this version. This one is certainly more fitted and therefore maybe not as work appropriate at this length, but great for a night out with my husband or friends. And it’s super comfortable!