Nov 08 2016
Some more decoration for Halloween. I worked on a Halloween quilt this year (more details on that in another post). And using the leftover fabric, I decided to make a little festive table decoration.
The overall design was pretty simple. Just laid out the squares and sewed them together. After doing so, it wasn’t quite big enough to put the black around the edges using some black strips leftover from a kona black jelly roll. I mitered the corners! That was the first time and I like how it came out.
I used fusible batting to give it some bulk and then just sewed the backing around the edges and turned it inside out. I did a bit of stitch in the ditch quilting between the black border and the inside to just give it some stability. In hindsight, I realized I never sewed up the edge (was planning to sew around the edge) but it apparently didn’t need it. If I ever need to wash it, I’ll make sure to do it first though.
Here’s the back in case you’re curious. Pretty basic, but looks great on the table!