For my movie night I made some rice krispie treats. But these were oh so much more. These were marshmallow dream bars. They have whole marshmallows in them. Take a look:
They were delicious. Here’s the recipe:
- 1 standard box of rice krispies (I used generic Safeway brand)
- 1 stick of butter (plus some for buttering the dish)
- 1 16 oz bag of marshmallows plus 1 cup of marshmallows
- Butter your 9″ x 13″ casserole dish.
- SLOWLY melt the butter in an 8 quart saucepan. You do not want the butter to burn or brown at all. I used a heat of 2 out of 10.
- SLOWLY melt the marshmallows. Ditto for above. No burning. The whole melting thing took about 15 minutes.
- Mix in the rice krispies. Mix thoroughly.
- When it’s all mixed, add the extra cup of marshmallows. Mix again to distribute.
- Pour the mixture into the buttered casserole.
- Lay wax paper over the top and then press down to get a flat top.
- Allow to cool, cut, and serve.