So today I didn’t quite follow the directions since I was still working on my pattern.
I started by marking off 1.5″ from each side. Then I had to adjust the armholes. I used my French curve to draw the line from the existing shoulder to where the new armpit is. I did this because I liked the existing sleeve length.
And here is the finished arm holes.
Finally I made a new muslin of the top half just to be sure it fit right. I’m much happier with the fit now and ready to cut out from my real fabric which I will do tomorrow. Since I don’t have to hem this fabric — it has an existing design hem — I think this will put me back on track for finishing by Friday.