Over one of these winter weekends, I had some free time and decided to go through my UFO (unfinished objects) pile. One of the items was this turquoise blue top. I had it all cut out with the pattern still pinned to the fabric. Just hadn’t had time to sew it.
So I pulled out the pattern and finished it up. Turns out it was a pretty quick pattern. The photos here are before I added the elastic on the bottom. I missed that part of the directions at first and thought the top fit pretty poorly. But surprisingly, when I added the elastic it fit much better and didn’t ride up when I raised my arms. Looks like I will be able to wear it for dance practice!
Here’s a shot of the back. The fabric was just some cheap stuff I got on the bargain rack and I would consider sewing it again out of some more decent fabric. Maybe doing some extra embellishments around the edges or doing flared sleeves. The pattern also includes a version for a tie front which would be useful for warmups.
I’ve also posted a review to Pattern Review: my review.