So I finally unpacked my computer and hard drives so that I can manage pictures. Yay! Meanwhile, I have been starting to whittle away at my unfinished objects per this post.
The first one I’ve completed is my laundry room curtains. These were the colors that were in the laundry room when we moved here. Fortunately the matched my ice cream painting so that immediately went up here. Now I wanted my curtains to match.
Here’s what the old curtains looked like:
Yech. They were sun faded in various ways. Also, not really my style. Very 1980’s tropical.
However, since the framework was up for them, I decided to basically make the same thing in my own way. So I measured the size and made mine the same size. It was nice to have that guideline and not have to make a pattern from scratch. I reused the top frame that held them up, especially since there were already 4 large holes in the wall so I didn’t have to make new holes. I also reused all the rope and struts for the roman shades which I pulled out by ripping the seams.
The finished product is above and here is another look when they are open.
I love how they came out. The ice cream cones look great and the colors match the laundry room and make it so cheery. And of course, it has ruffles. Ruffles are awesome.