So this is a little bit of a detour from some of my other projects. I wanted to make some slippers to have at a camp to go to and from the bathroom. I decided to modify the Woman Kimono Pattern from ithinksew.com by removing the back because I wanted the slippers to be slip on without using my hands.
Unfortunately although I got the pieces cut out before I left, I didn’t get the slippers done.
Basically I had sewn the tops, but I had sewn the wrong edges together (the curved edge instead of the straighter edge as shown above) so I had to remove all the stitching and start over. So I was pretty much at the cut out pieces stage before I left.
But since I had everything cut out anyways, I decided to finish them when I got back. So I finished sewing the tops and did some top stitching.
I attached the tops to the top of the sole . . .
and then sewed the whole shoe to the bottom of the sole, right sides together. At this point, I kinda had to sew in the seams to catch everything so they ended up being a bit smaller than anticipated. They still fit, but I couldn’t fit the timetex bases I had so carefully cut out int here. So I just sewed ‘em up with batting and left it at that as you can see in the pictures above.
They’re fine, but I don’t know how much I’ll use them. Maybe I’ll try again with some other fabric at some point . . . after all the other hundreds of projects on my list . . .
Funny little bird.