This is a hard post for me to write which is why it’s taken so long given these costumes were made a while ago. Last year my little Tinkerbell traded her fairy wings for angel wings. I miss her every day and looking at these photos makes me both happy and sad, but I’d rather they be out there for the world to see how amazing she was rather than hidden on my computer.
I used the basic pattern I used for her other costumes, but left off the sleeves and added the little triangles at the bottom of the skirt. I also added a special pocket which you can kinda see above for the wings to fit into. I’ll have a separate post tomorrow with just the wings.
This photo shows off the back of her outfit well. The fabric is some sparkle costume satin from Joann’s that left a mess in my sewing room, but was totally worth it.
For Pan, I used some leftover moss green lycra rayon I had which gave me a bit more leeway with his sizing. It also meant I didn’t need to add a closure on the front since the stretch allowed me to just pull it over his head. The pattern is pretty similar to his Robin Hood outfit and I may or may not have just used the same hat because, well, they have the same hat — green with a red feather. In this case, I cut out the triangles on the arms and hem and since it was stretch, I didn’t have to finish the edges! Then it was just adding a belt. So Pan was pretty easy.
Of course with much food, we were able to get some great photos. The wings barely made it through the shoot, but they got the job done.