This was the Belle costume that I made for my cousins daughter (first cousin once removed?) a year or two back for Halloween. I used the same pattern McCall’s MP551 that I used for the Cinderella costume I made. Apparently after she got the Cinderella costume, she loved it so much she wanted to be Belle.
Since I had already made the pattern once and she was still the same size (well, at the time, now it doesn’t fit her but maybe fits her little sister), it went together pretty easily. Plus there was no embroidery which also made it faster. I used some Belle-themed fabric from Joann’s and some gold quilting cotton that I already had for the lining.
The overskirt and shoulder covers were made of shimmery polyester organza that may have been part of the same line, but either way went together great.
For that extra Belle touch, I added a rose at the center.
I had some of the gold organza left over so I did make a little petticoat to go with it. Because, well, you know a girl needs a petticoat for a skirt like this.
Of course she loved it 🙂 At this point she’s probably outgrown it, but hopefully her little sister will get some use out of it!