I’ve actually got a number of creation videos up on my Instagram. If you want to take a look at them, they are:
- Part 1— cutting it out
- Part 2— v-neck and binding
- Part 3— yoke, including burrito method
- Part 4— neckline binding
- Part 5— sleeves and hem
Overall, I’m happy with how it turned out. For this one, I cut a size XS based on the fact that the last one felt rather loose, but honestly, I wish I’d stuck with the S. I ended up sewing the side seams smaller than directed (in order to give more room) which kind made up for it.
The one place you can really tell that I needed the small is the upper back. As you can see in the photo above, it’s kind snug at the bottom of the yoke. Not so much that it’s uncomfortable and I doubt that anyone would notice it unless I pointed it out to them (like I just did for you), but for my next one I’ll stick with the small, but maybe bring it in more at the waist rather than all over.
But I’m glad I tried the smaller size because now I know. And I also know to trust the sizing on Love Notions patterns going forward. Even so I’m still quite happy with how it turned out and especially like the bishop sleeves on this version. I only wish I could get more of the fabric, but I bought the very last of it!