So I finished it today. In fact I ended up doing most of the work today since I spent the rest of the week fixing up the pattern. Read on for more details of how I did it.
So today I didn’t quite follow the directions since I was still working on my pattern. I started by marking off 1.5″ from each side. Then I had to adjust the armholes. I used my French curve to draw the line from the existing shoulder to where the new armpit is. I did this because…
Okay. It’s day two. The only thing to do today is to cut out the pieces. I’ve finally picked out my fabric: The white you see is a cool embroidered edge that I think will add something interesting to the bottom of this otherwise plain and simple dress.
So I am following along with the Frock by Friday sew-along. This is a really easy dress we’re doing. A bit below my level. But I need an easy one in order to finish by Friday since I don’t typically have that much time during the week.