The company that makes the print patterns for Jack’s quilt from my last post also makes these coordinating panels. I couldn’t resist. They fit together so I bought one of each and put them together into a large (88” x 45”) playmate for the little guy.
Not too much to say about this one. I did a stipple pattern quilting for most of it, leaving out the train tracks so they stand out a little and doing more of a wave pattern in the harbor part of the print. You can see that in the photo below. I used a gray-green thread and I think it does a good job of blending with the grass, concrete, details and water.
Binding was basic black since the focus is on the town. For this quilt, since the back was black I actually did the method where I leave an inch all around after cutting the top and batting to size and then fold over twice to self bind. I don’t think it saves time necessarily because the cutting takes longer, but it’s certainly more efficient with use of fabric.
And a picture of the back for good measure. No label on this one, just my little personal label.