I was sending some quilts for my cousin’s baby boy (post coming soon) but I didn’t want to send them along without sending something for his older sister. She’s quite the little fashionista so dresses are always a good bet for her 🙂
So I made her another Geranium Dress (patter by Made by Rae). This one was using one of my favorite prints, rainbow polka dots by Northcott Fabrics. I added some pink piping accents and used turquoise buttons. I love how it turned out and really kinda want something similar in an adult version. We’ll have to see 😉
But I couldn’t just send her a dress. I wanted a little something extra so I made a matching Buttercup Bag. This is a free pattern, also by Made by Rae (although I didn’t actually notice that until I was posting on Instagram).
I shrunk the pattern to 80% so that it would be a better match for my little lady size-wise. I also added the same pink piping and interfaced it. I’ve made this bag a few times (here and here). It’s a great pattern and goes together quickly, but I like the look of the bag much better when the outside fabric has a little heft. I also interfaced the handle. It’s lined with some nice bright yellow and has a little coordinating pocket.
Both projects together took a yard of the polka dots and then I used other pieces for the lining of the dress and bag. Everything was from my stash (buttons, interfacing, fabric, piping, even the magnetic closure) — another win for de-stashing!