I saw these macaron pattern weights on Instagram and I had to have them. Fortunately, AJ over at Confused Kitty Sewing had a super easy tutorial. So with a quick order to Amazon for the supplies, I was off.
This are the colors I decided to use. Actually I have one more blue on in there that didn’t make this photo. There are still a few extras. I’ll use them eventually. Or for something else.
I got all the washers in there. I think my washers are thinner than AJ’s because I needed 11 whereas she only needed 10 per macaron.
What I actually did was take out the washers, squeeze in the epoxy since it’s in 2 tubes, and then use the stick you see on the right to mix them up. Then I put the washers back in and pushed gently to get it up through the middle and sides. And then I squeezed a bit more epoxy on top and swirled it around to mix it up.
Then I assembled the lids. It took me a bit to figure out that there was a little ridge you were supposed to match up. At least one of them is just jammed on there. But others are great. I let them cure overnight and there we are.
I still kinda prefer my giant thick washers that I got at Home Depot for most things. They’re a bit heavier than these. But these are very nice for small projects and they make me happy when I use them!